Flatiron Social Media Startup Romio to Showcase All Your Neighborhood Has To Offer
- Eric Shapiro
- On April 23, 2013
On the internet, quality content does not necessarily translate into a high number of hits. For hyper-local bloggers just getting their foot in the door, social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook can often amount to a whole lot of work with very little payoff. Although both websites boast many users, they’re just not designed to spread the word about the kinds of neighborhood events and locales that are our stock and trade. As a blog dedicated in part to highlighting what the Flatiron District has to offer, we understand this better than anyone.
For every 5,000 Twitter followers you cultivate, perhaps a handful will bother to click on your link. For better and for worse, conventional social media platforms cater to casual conversation, at the expense of those looking for in-depth and/or specific information on, say, local pawn shops or concert venues. The end result? Lots of wasted hours promoting articles that may not receive the attention they deserve. That’s where Romio comes in.
A startup founded by Tarik Sansal, the man responsible for onTargetJobs, this innovative new service aims to connect you with the best your neighborhood and city has to offer as recommended by local experts. Local experts are handpicked by Romio, many of them local bloggers who already post and write about the things they love in NYC.
As a result, visitors to Romio are guaranteed quality recommendations they can trust. Bloggers and residents are able to connect with each other and their neighborhood in a new and fun way. To this end, Romio provides a way for bloggers and people passionate about their community to showcase their hard work in a context where they can make the most impact. After creating a profile, you’re invited to seek out what will soon grow into an exhaustive database of like-minded people, all with a hyper-local focus. You can access content on a wide range of topics and businesses on a neighborhood-by-neighborhood basis.
Romio is an ideal venue to work out arrangements to cross-publish content, exposing the best local businesses and services in a neighborhood to networks of readers. That means more traffic for your articles and business without having to pay a cent for advertising. It also means a steady stream of quality content from other blogs, allowing you to offer a breadth of information on relevant local topics that you may not have the time or resources to cover yourself.
In short, Romio is a valuable tool for bloggers and local businesses, as well as a source of information for anyone seeking out information on what their neighborhood has to offer. This is apparent in the website’s mission statement: “We are focused on revealing hidden treasures — from the independently-owned mom and pop shops to talented local artisans and freelancers. Our passion rests on the idea that neighborhoods are meant to be vibrant and involved, both online and off.”
- Dr Smood Hiring Baristas (Flatiron) June 22, 2017Click on the following link to apply to work at Dr Smood: Apply Here Dr Smood, the health company, is a pioneering boutique-cafe experience, where passion and purpose come together to go beyond selling just organic foods, providing delicious superf […]
- SALES MANAGER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD (Flatiron) June 22, 2017SALES MANAGER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD Company Name: The Assemblage Location: 114 West 25th St Department: Sales Employment Type: Full- Time Job Title: Sales Manager NoMad Reporting structure: General Manager at NoMad WHO WE ARE The Assemblage […]
- Electrical Daftsperson (Flatiron) June 22, 2017P.A. Collins PE, an MEP Consulting Engineering firm, with a wide variety of projects seeks CAD/BIM operator, 2-3 years experience minimum in drafting building systems. Experience in electrical trade a must: circuiting of general light and power and d […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) June 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Barback (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Society Billiards + Bar is looking for a full time barback to join our team. Society Billiards + Bar is an upscale billiards club located in the heart of the Flatiron where we specialize in providing our valued guests with a unique social experience […]
- Restaurant Franchise Operations Intern (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Aurify Brands At Aurify Brands, our goal is to develop and retain a best-in-class team that encourages personal and professional growth, entrepreneurship, and team loyalty. We offer a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. […]
- Line Cook - Made Nice (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Made Nice , the new counter service restaurant from Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara offers a menu that focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients and incorporates the same flavors and techniques that we use at our sister restaurants, Eleven Madison Par […]
- Interior Design Job Captain (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Job Captain in our New York City office. The Interior Design Job Captain assists the Project Manager or Architect in the management of multiple interior architecture projects. Candidate must have: […]