Free Seminar Series in Flatiron: Jump-Start Your Web Marketing with Google Analytics
- Tod Shapiro
- On August 21, 2013
By Tod Shapiro and the Flatiron Hot News! Editorial Staff
The NYCSCC Flatiron Hot! News staff peaked in and got a taste of the last of the excellent series of free seminars sponsored by the Flatiron 23rd Street Partnership and given by our favorite local tech training company, General Assembly. For local companies interested in fine-tuning their web and social media marketing efforts, this was a home run! General Assembly’s own director of social media and marketing, Dustin Coates, gave a quick overview for the generalists in the audience on how to make use of the Google Analytics tools that Google provides, free of charge for the most part, to those whose websites are embedded with the correct enabling code.
Dustin did a terrific job of identifying the technical jargon used in connection with Google Analytics, freely discussing the concept of “clicks,” “page impressions,” and “bounce rate.” One came away with a firm understanding of the concept of “organic” as compared to “paid” search results, and their contribution to a website’s relative traffic and activity. Justin organized his talk around an incredibly useful “guided tour” of the major Google Analytics subpages, giving a veritable cornucopia of helpful tips and short-cuts for viewing the data, things the casual user would never have guessed. Bravo, Dustin! For those who would like to get a quick overview of what it was all about, click here to see the handout and notes for the free public seminar.
The Free Seminar Series, which normally takes place on the open public plazas right by Madison Square and the Flatiron Building, was driven inside by inclement weather, and took place in the training and seminar space of local Apple retailer TekServe. The Seminar Room – well attended with over 30 participants – was decorated with Mac paraphernalia and classic audio and video brickbats that gave the proceedings a special flavor. Where else could one hear about the latest Google wizardry and at the same time see vintage and original Apple Macs, Newtons, Ibooks – even an original Apple Lisa? This was an event to remember.
Special thanks to the 23rd Street Flatiron Partnership and General Assembly for their efforts this year. We can’t wait to see what’s in prospect for next year! To enjoy a quick video overview of the proceedings, see below.
- Eataly Flagship Seeking Experienced HOSTS! (Flatiron) August 11, 2017As an ambassador of Eataly, the Host will be responsible for setting the tone of our guests' exceptional dining experience by being the first point of contact, smiling, greeting and ensuring guests are seated as timely as possible. Eataly ambassadors […]
- Squishable Part-Time Business Intern (Flatiron) August 10, 2017Squishable is a small, innovative company that makes high-quality stuffed animals. We have been growing by leaps and bounds over the last few years, thanks in large part to our innovative online marketing and growing presence in over 1000 stores in t […]
- Jean-Georges'ABC Cocina seeking Experienced Line Cooks (Flatiron) August 10, 2017We are seeking line cooks join our BOH Team at the James Beard Award-winning Jean-Georges restaurant located near Union Square with a seasonally-focused farm to table menu. Position Requirements include the following: -At least 1 year of related, s […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) August 10, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Popular Doggy Daycare Seeking Experienced Dog Handler (Flatiron) August 10, 2017We are a popular doggy daycare in Chelsea and Flatiron looking for an experienced Dog Handler. This person will be in the room with the dogs supervising and playing with them. It's a hands-on position that requires you to give our dogs a lot of love […]
- Seeking Hosts and Servers for Cote Korean Steakhouse (Flatiron) August 10, 2017COTE KOREAN STEAKHOUSE We are seeking motivated and exceptional professionals to join a new restaurant in Flatiron. We're a high volume establishment offering opportunity to the right individuals. We pursue team members with a passion for the servic […]
- Art Director / Designer (Flatiron) August 10, 2017Looking for a place where you can shine and make a difference? Well look no further. We're a small but growing ad agency located in the Flatiron area. We're searching for an Art Director who's ready to step it up and take a key role in an agency - an […]
- Italienne Seeks Chef De Parties, Line cooks, and lunch cooks (Flatiron) August 10, 2017Exciting new restaurant on 24th street seeks capable, talented and hard working staff. Italienne serves Southern French/Northern Italian cuisine and wine with genuine hospitality. We are a true scratch kitchen; with in house charcuterie, pasta, and w […]