Free Seminar Series in Flatiron: Jump-Start Your Web Marketing with Google Analytics
- Tod Shapiro
- On August 21, 2013
By Tod Shapiro and the Flatiron Hot News! Editorial Staff
The NYCSCC Flatiron Hot! News staff peaked in and got a taste of the last of the excellent series of free seminars sponsored by the Flatiron 23rd Street Partnership and given by our favorite local tech training company, General Assembly. For local companies interested in fine-tuning their web and social media marketing efforts, this was a home run! General Assembly’s own director of social media and marketing, Dustin Coates, gave a quick overview for the generalists in the audience on how to make use of the Google Analytics tools that Google provides, free of charge for the most part, to those whose websites are embedded with the correct enabling code.
Dustin did a terrific job of identifying the technical jargon used in connection with Google Analytics, freely discussing the concept of “clicks,” “page impressions,” and “bounce rate.” One came away with a firm understanding of the concept of “organic” as compared to “paid” search results, and their contribution to a website’s relative traffic and activity. Justin organized his talk around an incredibly useful “guided tour” of the major Google Analytics subpages, giving a veritable cornucopia of helpful tips and short-cuts for viewing the data, things the casual user would never have guessed. Bravo, Dustin! For those who would like to get a quick overview of what it was all about, click here to see the handout and notes for the free public seminar.
The Free Seminar Series, which normally takes place on the open public plazas right by Madison Square and the Flatiron Building, was driven inside by inclement weather, and took place in the training and seminar space of local Apple retailer TekServe. The Seminar Room – well attended with over 30 participants – was decorated with Mac paraphernalia and classic audio and video brickbats that gave the proceedings a special flavor. Where else could one hear about the latest Google wizardry and at the same time see vintage and original Apple Macs, Newtons, Ibooks – even an original Apple Lisa? This was an event to remember.
Special thanks to the 23rd Street Flatiron Partnership and General Assembly for their efforts this year. We can’t wait to see what’s in prospect for next year! To enjoy a quick video overview of the proceedings, see below.
- Dr Smood Hiring Baristas (Flatiron) June 22, 2017Click on the following link to apply to work at Dr Smood: Apply Here Dr Smood, the health company, is a pioneering boutique-cafe experience, where passion and purpose come together to go beyond selling just organic foods, providing delicious superf […]
- SALES MANAGER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD (Flatiron) June 22, 2017SALES MANAGER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD Company Name: The Assemblage Location: 114 West 25th St Department: Sales Employment Type: Full- Time Job Title: Sales Manager NoMad Reporting structure: General Manager at NoMad WHO WE ARE The Assemblage […]
- Electrical Daftsperson (Flatiron) June 22, 2017P.A. Collins PE, an MEP Consulting Engineering firm, with a wide variety of projects seeks CAD/BIM operator, 2-3 years experience minimum in drafting building systems. Experience in electrical trade a must: circuiting of general light and power and d […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) June 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Barback (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Society Billiards + Bar is looking for a full time barback to join our team. Society Billiards + Bar is an upscale billiards club located in the heart of the Flatiron where we specialize in providing our valued guests with a unique social experience […]
- Restaurant Franchise Operations Intern (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Aurify Brands At Aurify Brands, our goal is to develop and retain a best-in-class team that encourages personal and professional growth, entrepreneurship, and team loyalty. We offer a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. […]
- Line Cook - Made Nice (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Made Nice , the new counter service restaurant from Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara offers a menu that focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients and incorporates the same flavors and techniques that we use at our sister restaurants, Eleven Madison Par […]
- Interior Design Job Captain (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Job Captain in our New York City office. The Interior Design Job Captain assists the Project Manager or Architect in the management of multiple interior architecture projects. Candidate must have: […]