Flatiron District Offers Best of Art, Music, Theater, Comedy
The Flatiron District boasts a diverse selection of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. Sometimes, though, you might be in the mood for something other than the usual nightlife activities. Well, you’re in luck! Flatiron theaters like the Joyce Theater and the Irish Repertory Theater are home to the highest caliber of plays and dance. Concert venues like the Gramercy Theater attract talented artists for those with all different tastes in music. Museums, like the famous Museum of Sex, offer a variety of experiences for art lovers. If stand-up comedy is more your thing, the Gotham Comedy Club is known throughout New York City for attracting some the best stand-up comedians in the business. Whether you’re contemplating a family outing or a great place to take your date, the Flatiron District has it all. See for yourself:
- Joyce Theater: Located on 8th Avenue, the Joyce Theater offers the very best in the art of dance. Since dance itself is so diverse, each show is bound to give you a different experience, setting off a range of emotions. The Joyce Theater will feature both the Brazil Dance Festival and the Alonzo Kings LINES Ballet in March. Visit the website to purchase tickets.
- Irish Repertory Theatre: Staging the works of classic artists like Dylan Thomas, Eugene O’Neill, and George Bernard Shaw, as well as newer writers, this Chelsea Theater offers the very best in Irish literature and performances. The theater is currently showing Transport, a new musical based on the book by Thomas Keneally, author of Schindler’s List, which runs until April 6th. Buy tickets for the play online.
- Museum of Sex: Obviously, you’ll want to leave any kids behind for this one. The Museum of Sex explores the history, evolution, and cultural history of sex through a variety of exhibits and programs. Purchase tickets here.
- Gotham Comedy Club: Featured frequently on Comedy Central, the Gotham Comedy Club hosts many big-name comedians. Christian Finnegan, Michael McDonald, and Pablo Francisco will all be performing in the next few weeks. Visit the website for ticket information.
- Gramercy Theater: A mid-sized music venue owned by Live Nation, the Gramercy Theater has featured a range of well-known artists such as Jay-Z, the Jonas Brothers, Spoon, Rufus Wainwright and Brand New. Check out the venue’s website to buy tickets for upcoming shows.