Flatiron 23rd St. Partnership Holds 2014 Networking Event at 230 FIFTH
- Eric Shapiro
- On October 16, 2014
By Eric Shapiro and the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
On October 16th from 6:30 to 9:00 PM, the Flatiron 23rd Street Partnership (or Flatiron Business Investment District) held its annual Celebrate Flatiron Partnership networking event at the penthouse of 230 FIFTH. For $35, 225 attendees had the opportunity to network with members of the Flatiron community while taking advantage of an open bar and plentiful hors d’oeuvres including sliders, vegetarian spring rolls, pigs in blankets and fried shrimp. Representatives of small businesses, startups, non-profits, bars, restaurants, tenant associations and more were in attendance. The spacious and elegant penthouse boasted a stunning view of the Manhattan skyline, including the Empire State Building glowing a vibrant purple. Despite some rain prior to the event, attendees made their way to the rooftop to enjoy an even more breathtaking look at the urban landscape.
In a brief speech, Flatiron BID Executive Director Jennifer Brown discussed recent developments, including an overhaul of the Partnership’s website, along with its distinction as one of the first organizations to adopt New York City’s new .nyc domain name.
Some other subjects covered in Jennifer’s speech included:
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer’s speech at Flatiron’s TD Bank
- The Flatiron District’s public wi-fi network
- INABA’s New York Light upcoming holiday installation at North Public Plaza
And finally, a bit about the BID:
The BID’s many worthwhile activities in the Flatiron District, which is funded in part by taxes paid by local businesses and residents, include cleaning and beautifying the neighborhood, helping operate the public plazas adjacent to Madison Square Park and the Flatiron Building, publicizing the many benefits of the area to visitors and local businesses and their customers, and providing educational seminars and public outreach about all aspects of urban life. Last night’s networking session gave the BID and its many supporters an opportunity to review recent events, compare notes about the neighborhood and stay in the loop about new projects.
- Host/Hostess For NY SUGARFISH by Sushi Nozawa and Cashier for KAZUNORI (Flatiron) July 20, 2017SUGARFISH by Sushi Nozawa and KAZUNORI The Original Handroll Bar are looking for friendly, energetic people for Front of House positions in our first location in NYC. You must have a positive attitude and work well in fast paced environments. We look […]
- CALLING ALL BACK-WAITERS!!!!! JOIN OUR COMMUNITY (Flatiron) July 20, 2017BACK WAITER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD Company Name: The Assemblage Location: 114 West 25th St Department: Food and Beverage Employment Type: Full- Time Job Title: Back Waiter Reporting structure: F&B Management WHO WE ARE The Assemblage is a col […]
- Calling All Barista Cashiers!!!!!!! (Flatiron) July 20, 2017BARISTA CASHIER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD Company Name: The Assemblage Location: 114 West 25th St Department: Food and Beverage Employment Type: Full- Time Job Title: Barista Cashier Reporting structure: Food and Beverage Management WHO WE ARE T […]
- Marta Seeks Assembly Cooks (Flatiron) July 20, 2017Executive Chef Joe Tarasco is looking for talented and motivated Assembly Cooks. This position starts at $14/hr in addition to a full benefits package. Assembly Cooks will be responsible for preparing and finishing ready-to-eat items for customers in […]
- Marta Seeks Line Cook (Flatiron) July 20, 2017Executive Chef Joe Tarasco is looking for talented and motivated Line Cooks. Our restaurant is inspired by the tradition of rustic Italian wood-fire cooking. The kitchen is equipped with two wood-burning pizza ovens and a 9-foot long, custom-built op […]
- Maialino/Marta Open Call Friday July 21st from 12PM to 2PM (Flatiron) July 20, 2017Maialino & Marta are hosting an OPEN CALL Tomorrow! We are looking for the following positions to join our growing family: Baristas (Previous Professional Experience Required; Counter Culture/Joe Coffee Training Preferred) Servers (Previous Serving […]
- Front Desk Sales/Guest Care & Salon Assistant Needed (2 positions) (Flatiron) July 20, 2017Upscale Hair Salon and Spa seeking a Front Desk Sale/Guest Care Associate and SALON ASSISTANT Front Desk Sales/Guest Care position available for a multi-service salon company. Must enjoy and excel at sales offerings, and have a charismatic, friendly […]
- Sales Coordinator - The Roger Hotel (Flatiron) July 20, 2017The Sales Coordinator's duty is to support the sales team's efforts to drive revenue into the hotel, by efficiently answering phones, taking inquiries, offering support with proposals and contracts, communicating with operations teams, and overall ma […]