Conference Hall Renovations at 71 W. 23rd Street Now Complete: Sneak Preview!
- Tod Shapiro
- On October 21, 2014
By Tod Shapiro and the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
Flatiron Hot! News got a sneak preview of the brand new remodeling of some of the conference and meeting rooms at 71 West 23rd Street, home of Flatiron Hot! News’ Sponsor, the New York City Seminar and Conference Center, and many other Flatiron-area businesses. The work has been ongoing since early July and the efforts have yielded some striking results, which is good news for any area businesses that are looking for more reasonably priced options for business, tech, or other kinds of meetings in the Flatiron District. The 2nd-floor Banquet Hall (capacity: 380) has been given a complete makeover, starting with the addition of new wall and ceiling treatments and a hardwood dance floor, as well as substantially upgraded power, broadband internet access, AV and audio facilities, easily accessible floor-recessed wired internet and power access, as well as three new state-of-the-art ceiling-mounted HD projectors with retractable screens.
There are two newly renovated kitchen areas with updated equipment that make serving catering and food easier than ever, and an important new tech room that brings together in one place all the new audio, video, and Internet systems for easy event management by tech professionals. The Banquet Hall, long used by NYC Seminar Center as part of its value technology conference offerings along with its 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting rooms, looks to be on target for business shortly. Flatiron Hot! News also hears that work is under way on renovation of several of the exceptional meeting halls elsewhere at 71 W. 23rd Street – we got a quick peek at the 10th-floor meeting room as well. Many of these rooms are used by the New York Freemasons for their weekly meetings. For those who want to get a preview of the remodeled space, see the video clip below:
- P/T Office Manager/Marketing Associate @ Digital Creative Firm (Flatiron) July 19, 2017Seeking a well organized office manager/marketing associate for in-house creative/media projects AND lite admin for a digital creative rep firm. Ideally, this role requires at least 3 days a week with 2-4 hours per day and provides fairly flexible s […]
- 230 FIFTH ROOFTOP BAR Open Call TODAY, WEDNESDAY - July 19th 1PM - 3PM (Flatiron) July 19, 2017230 FIFTH Open Call TODAY, WEDNESDAY, July 19th 1:00PM - 3:00PM: COCKTAIL SERVERS BUSSERS MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE AT A VERY BUSY BAR LOUNGE OR RESTAURANTS. 230 FIFTH Rooftop Bar 1:00PM - 3:00PM Address: 230 -5th ave 20th floor NY NY 10001 Appli […]
- Marta Seeks Sous Chef (Flatiron) July 19, 2017Executive Chef Joe Tarasco is looking for a talented and motivated sous chef. Our restaurant is inspired by the tradition of rustic Italian wood-fire cooking. The kitchen is equipped with two wood-burning pizza ovens and a 9-foot long, custom-built o […]
- Marta Open Call Thursday July 20th from 12PM to 2PM (Flatiron) July 19, 2017Marta is hosting an OPEN CALL for our newest restaurant concept, slated to open in August! We are looking for the following positions: Baristas, starting at $18/hour (Previous Professional Experience Required; Joe Coffee Training Preferred) Servers […]
- Account Executive (Flatiron) July 19, 2017ABOUT MARKETING CHALLENGES INTERNATIONAL MCIntl is a full-service global destination marketing firm based in New York City. We are a key marketing and sales partner connecting leading convention bureaus and convention centers to the North American m […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 19, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Jean-Georges restaurant ABC Kitchen seeking Experienced Floor Manager (Flatiron) July 19, 2017
- HILL COUNTRY Grand Slams at THE US OPEN - Hiring FOH/ BOH (Flatiron) July 19, 2017HILL COUNTRY At The US OPEN! OPEN CALL - Wednesday 07/19 at 10AM - 2PM 30 W. 26th Street, between 6th Ave. & Broadway HIRING: SEASONAL COOKS COUNTER SUPERVISORS NYC hospitality experience required Full Availability (Nights and Weekends) Oppor […]