Cindy Kane’s Tribute to War Journalism – “Eyes on the Ground” – Takes its Turn at the Flatiron Prow
- Tod Shapiro
- On October 31, 2014
By Tod Shapiro and the Flatiron Hot! Editorial Staff
The Flatiron Prow Artspace continues to feature striking and forceful artistic statements for Flatiron and Chelsea denizens. The latest effort can be seen now in the form of Cindy Kane’s highly evocative “Eyes on the Ground” exhibit. Kane has taken no less than 50 soldier’s helmets, and made each one a compelling statement of one journalist’s endeavors in covering human conflict around the globe. Collaborating with different journalists by collecting, and then integrating and covering each helmet with pictures, hand-written notes, journals, doodles, stories, drawings, and just about any other piece of the flotsam and jetsam of human reporting, Kane gives a kaleidoscopic picture of what reporters around the world are seeing, thinking, and feeling as they do their indispensable work. Take a few minutes in your next stroll by the Flatiron Building at the intersection of Broadway, 5th Avenue, and 23rd Street and take it all in. Get a quick taste of this experience by checking out this Flatiron Hot! News preview video clip.
- Kat and Theo is seeking front of house staff (Flatiron) July 24, 2017We are seeking energetic driven candidates to join our family. Kat and Theo is a trendy high end new American restaurant and bar in the heart of the Flatiron district. Servers Experience in fine dinning, wine and classic steps of service, open to […]
- Upscale, Luxury Servers needed for Iconic & Innovative Property! (Flatiron) July 23, 2017About Our Company: A membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create a unique and coveted work environment! Please Respond with your res […]
- Selecting Ambitious FOH Crew for Exciting New Restaurant Concept (Flatiron) July 23, 2017Seeking experienced hospitality-minded individuals to join the opening Food and Beverage team at MADE, a hotel in the heart of Manhattan's NoMad District. Our goal is to build a team that is dedicated to cultivating a culture of teamwork, profession […]
- Pondicheri Restaurant Seeking Porter/Dishwasher! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Pondicheri seeking hard-working PM full time porter/dishwasher asap. We are an all day contemporary Indian restaurant open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Stop by any time from 11am-8pm any day for an interview/trail or please e-mail to set up time wi […]
- Optician (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Full and or part time optician/ frame stylist for busy optical store. Full and or part time optical lab technician. Minimum of 5 years experience for both positions.
- HOSTS - Cote Korean Steakhouse hiring Hosts (Flatiron) July 22, 2017COTE KOREAN STEAKHOUSE A new restaurant offering a high-energy, high-quality, and HIGH-EXCITEMENT Guest experience in the Flatiron. We are seeking exceptional service professionals to join the Team. An Ideal candidate for Host is a person with : 1 […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Work Exchange (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Are you looking for the flexibility to design the life that you want? We are now accepting applications for our 200Hr Teacher Training Program, at our studio located at 112 E 23rd Street Suite 200 between Park and Lexington Avenues. DATES: 4 week […]