Flatiron Plaza Holiday Festivities Kick Off With INABA’s “New York Light” Installation
- Eric Shapiro
- On November 25, 2014
By Tod Shapiro, reported by Eric Shapiro and the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
It’s that time of year again, and of course the Flatiron 23rd Street Partnership is spearheading their annual “23 Days of Flatiron Cheer” to help get everybody in the right mood (Click Here to read about all the exciting details about this year’s programs and promotions!). This year’s wonderful centerpiece is a striking piece of techno-art, New York Light by INABA, that frames our landmark
Flatiron Building and surrounding cityscape for the holidays. New York Light is the winner of the 2014 Flatiron Public Plaza Holiday Design Competition, launched by the Flatiron Partnership and the Van Alen Institute to help celebrate the holidays. We were on hand to see the installation’s festive unveiling, and the pulsating series of lights and colors reflected off the Flatiron and Empire State Buildings in a way that certainly kindled the spirits of those gearing up for the coming holidays. The Flatiron-based People’s Improv Theater was on hand to offer an irreverent musical salute, inviting those in earshot to contribute to some rowdy and politically incorrect tunes and quasi-carols. In keeping with the heart-warming spirit, David’s Tea distributed free samples, no doubt getting everyone ready for tomorrow’s anticipated snowstorm.
Stop by over the next couple of weeks after dusk to check out INABA’s pride and joy in all its glory, and enjoy the fun. For those who can’t make it, take a peek at this Flatiron Hot! video clip to get you in the holiday spirit. Thanks again, Flatiron 23rd Street Partnership! For those who want to post their comments and pix on the Internet use hashtags #discoverflatiron and #NewYorkLight – its well worth your time, as you will be eligible for prizes in a contest that celebrates the best and most fun shots posted on the internet!
- Stock Manager at Whisk NYC (Flatiron) May 25, 2017ABOUT US: Whisk is an independently-owned kitchenware shop selling the best culinary tools a home or professional chef could ever want. From bakeware to barware, cookware to prepware, we have a wide assortment of tools that we adore and our customer […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) May 25, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Shay & Ivy is hiring! (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Looking for an experienced busser/runner as well as a Maitre'D at Shay & Ivy, a thriving new restaurant in the Flatiron District. Bussers/runners -Barbacking experience a plus -Must be fluent in English **Please come in person for Open Call THIS […]
- Interior Design Job Captain (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Job Captain in our New York City office. The Interior Design Job Captain assists the Project Manager or Architect in the management of multiple interior architecture projects. Candidate must have: […]
- Environmental Graphic Designer (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Environmental Graphic Designer in our New York City, NY office located in the Flat Iron district. Environmental Graphics Designers are responsible for designing and managing wayfinding, signage, informational display and en […]
- Interior Design Project Manager - Retail (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Project Manager, Retail in our New York City office! Project Managers manage the successful completion of multiple Interior Design projects while providing excellent client service and leadership and guidanc […]
- Cote a Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for AGM (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Cote, a fine dining restaurant in the Flatiron District is looking for an Assistant General Manager/ Events Coordinator to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impecca […]
- Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for General Manager (Flatiron) May 24, 2017New Fine Dining Restaurant in the Manhattan is looking for a General Manager to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impeccable Organizational Skills - Proficient in […]