Make Your Business Meetings More Engaging With These Tips From NYC Seminar and Conference Center
- Tod Shapiro
- On December 23, 2014
Contributed by Local Vox/Nearsay for the Flatiron Hot! News December 2014
Corporate seminars typically cover many important topics, so it’s important to pay close attention. However, the long hours and copious information can also be quite draining for attendees. When you’re giving a presentation or hosting a seminar, you want to keep your audience engaged throughout, but sometimes that’s easier said than done.
Providing event space and conference room rentals, NYC Seminar and Conference Center will not only accommodate your next corporate seminar, but will even provide some tips for livening it up.
Take a look at the following tips for ensuring an engaging business meeting:
- Mix it Up. While PowerPoint presentations and lectures are effective methods of communication, they can result in boredom rather quickly. Try turning a lecture into a discussion, shortening the presentation time, changing the seating format, and increasing participation in order to keep attendees engaged.
- Incorporate Social Media. Whether you use sites like Facebook and Twitter or your own private network, encourage your employees to share thoughts, photos, and comments on the various presentations and meetings they will experience throughout the day.
- Prizes. Everyone loves going home with a fun prize. Try to incorporate games and contests into your meetings, such as multiple choice questions about a certain product, a panel about company history, or even an exciting raffle. This will keep your employees looking forward to every aspect of the seminar.
Make sure your employees are not only well informed at your next corporate seminar, but also engaged by thinking outside of the box. For more information on conference room rentals and private event rooms, visit NYC Seminar and Conference Center online or call (646) 336-4409.
- Start Your Real Estate Career at one of Exit Realty's 46 Locations! (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Summer just started and the market is sizzling HOT!!! The phones won't stop ringing and the referrals just keep coming in! Exit Realty Corp. International's Flagship Manhattan office is hiring agents looking to take their career to the next level. […]
- Home Textile Co. Seeking a Junior pattern, product&packaging designer (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Home Textile Company Seeking a Junior pattern, product & packaging designer An excellent opportunity for a true professional! Responsibilities include: 1. Pattern design & development 2. Product design & development 3. Packaging desi […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) June 21, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- UNI K WAX - RECEPTIONIST POSITION - 5TH AVE & 18TH ST (Flatiron) June 20, 2017UNI K WAX (Flatiron Center) is looking for: Front Desk Receptionist SCHEDULE: Monday 3:00pm to 9:00pm Tuesday 8:30am to 3:00pm Wednesday OFF Thursday 3:00pm to 9:00pm Friday 3:00pm to 9:00pm Saturday OFF Sunday OFF INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD O […]
- Sales Coordinator - The Roger Hotel (Flatiron) June 20, 2017The Sales Coordinator's duty is to support the sales team's efforts to drive revenue into the hotel, by efficiently answering phones, taking inquiries, offering support with proposals and contracts, communicating with operations teams, and overall ma […]
- Financial Data Internship (Flatiron) June 20, 2017Our firm is looking for a Full Time Financial Data Intern to join our research team for the summer. PrivCo provides business intelligence on privately owned companies and is regularly used by major institutional investors, Fortune 500 corporations, a […]
- Experienced Maitre D - Earn up to $22/hour (Flatiron) June 20, 2017Are you looking for a place where you can make a contribution? We provide the opportunity to make a difference in the dining experience of your guests. As a growing company, we are looking for individuals with a generosity of spirit who truly enjoy […]
- Looking for Runner !!! (Flatiron) June 20, 2017Are you looking for a place where you can make a contribution? We provide the opportunity to make a difference in the dining experience of your guests. As a growing company, we are looking for individuals with a generosity of spirit who truly enjoy […]