Free Meditations on the High Line Every Wednesday Morning
- Flatironhot Contributor
- On June 17, 2015
Reported by Ameena Makhdoomi and the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
A stroll through the High Line park on Wednesday morning, a short walk from NYC Seminar Center’s 23rd Street Chelsea offices, revealed some interesting activity! A group of about 20 people were actively involved in a group meditation session, open to all to watch and participate in at their leisure – a perfect way to start a sunny Wednesday morning.
If the city is stressing you out this summer, you should take a moment to relax on the High Line Seating Steps on 22nd Street (entrance on 23rd and 10th) with the weekly meditations every Wednesday from 8:30 to 9:30 am. The meditations are hosted by The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, located on 243 West 24th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. They have been teaching yoga in New York City for over 50 years and have studios all around the world. On Sunday, June 21st from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm, they will be hosting free classes and vegetarian snacks for the International Day of Yoga.
This mid-week meditation is definitely the best and most positive way to start your Wednesday morning. Plus, you can look at the amazing views from the High Line and enjoy the extended Chelsea and Flatiron neighborhoods.
- Stock Manager at Whisk NYC (Flatiron) May 25, 2017ABOUT US: Whisk is an independently-owned kitchenware shop selling the best culinary tools a home or professional chef could ever want. From bakeware to barware, cookware to prepware, we have a wide assortment of tools that we adore and our customer […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) May 25, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Shay & Ivy is hiring! (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Looking for an experienced busser/runner as well as a Maitre'D at Shay & Ivy, a thriving new restaurant in the Flatiron District. Bussers/runners -Barbacking experience a plus -Must be fluent in English **Please come in person for Open Call THIS […]
- Interior Design Job Captain (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Job Captain in our New York City office. The Interior Design Job Captain assists the Project Manager or Architect in the management of multiple interior architecture projects. Candidate must have: […]
- Environmental Graphic Designer (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Environmental Graphic Designer in our New York City, NY office located in the Flat Iron district. Environmental Graphics Designers are responsible for designing and managing wayfinding, signage, informational display and en […]
- Interior Design Project Manager - Retail (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Project Manager, Retail in our New York City office! Project Managers manage the successful completion of multiple Interior Design projects while providing excellent client service and leadership and guidanc […]
- Cote a Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for AGM (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Cote, a fine dining restaurant in the Flatiron District is looking for an Assistant General Manager/ Events Coordinator to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impecca […]
- Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for General Manager (Flatiron) May 24, 2017New Fine Dining Restaurant in the Manhattan is looking for a General Manager to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impeccable Organizational Skills - Proficient in […]