“Wet Hot American Summer” Camp Bus Makes Stop in Flatiron Plazas!
- Tod Shapiro
- On July 21, 2015
Reported by the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
Today, Netflix chose the Flatiron Public Plazas to make a splash for its new series, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp. The series, scheduled for release at the end of July, is a prequel to the cult classic film Wet Hot American Summer, which comedy fans will recall told the tale of life at the archetypical northeastern kids summer camp and gave a kick-start to the careers of some of our most notable comedic actors and actresses, including Paul Rudd and Janeane Garofalo, among others.
To help kick off the 8-part exclusive Netflix series, the Flatiron Public Plazas features the camp bus itself, an appearance by producer and show creator David Wain, a camp tent, as well as pix and cardboard life-size cutouts of many of the cast members, available for some friendly photo opportunities. Of course, there is also the obligatory social media hashtag contest (#WHASBusTour), with prizes and special deals for those who take a selfie and post with the bus in the background, and lots of Wet Hot American Summer paraphernalia, including some nice t-shirts and baseball caps.
Not to be missed – but if you did, check out this quick Flatiron Hot! Video Clip to see what it was all about. Trivia question: What real world summer camp was the location of the original Wet Hot American Summer flick? Answer: Camp Towanda, located in the nexus of sleepaway camps, near the town of Honesdale, PA.
Stay tuned to watch the first episode July 31st!
- Pondicheri Restaurant Seeking Porter/Dishwasher! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Pondicheri seeking hard-working PM full time porter/dishwasher asap. We are an all day contemporary Indian restaurant open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Stop by any time from 11am-8pm any day for an interview/trail or please e-mail to set up time wi […]
- Optician (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Full and or part time optician/ frame stylist for busy optical store. Full and or part time optical lab technician. Minimum of 5 years experience for both positions.
- HOSTS - Cote Korean Steakhouse hiring Hosts (Flatiron) July 22, 2017COTE KOREAN STEAKHOUSE A new restaurant offering a high-energy, high-quality, and HIGH-EXCITEMENT Guest experience in the Flatiron. We are seeking exceptional service professionals to join the Team. An Ideal candidate for Host is a person with : 1 […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Work Exchange (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Are you looking for the flexibility to design the life that you want? We are now accepting applications for our 200Hr Teacher Training Program, at our studio located at 112 E 23rd Street Suite 200 between Park and Lexington Avenues. DATES: 4 week […]
- Seeking Housekeepers for NeueHouse Madison Square (Flatiron) July 21, 2017NeueHouse is hiring Housekeeping Attendants! About Our Company: NeueHouse is a private, membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create […]
- Beautiful fully equipped room for rent in Flatiron (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Hello all! I am looking for an esthetician/ massage therapist/ eyelash extension/ microblading/waxing technician to rent my newly renovated and fully decorated space in a Flatiron wellness center. The space is available for rent Sunday, Monday, Tues […]
- The NoMad - Receiver (Flatiron) July 21, 2017The NoMad , a casually elegant, Michelin-starred restaurant from Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara is looking for a Receiver to accept deliveries and maintain the kitchen's storage areas. The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence and a desir […]