Chelsea’s Gem Hotel Summer-End Party Ushers in Fall with Style and Grace!
- Kristin Travagline
- On September 18, 2015
By Kristin Travagline, Tod Shapiro, and the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
NYC Seminar and Conference Center’s business partner, The Gem Hotels, hosted their annual summer event last Thursday at the Gem Hotel Chelsea on 22nd Street and 8th Avenue. The Gem Hotel brand is a premier collection of boutique hotels in Manhattan. The hotel has three locations, Gem Soho, Gem Chelsea and the Wyndham Garden Chelsea West. The Gem Hotel was awarded Best Boutique Hotel in NYC by CitySearch NYC and ranked as one of the Top Ten Boutique Hotels in NYC by The Guardian UK.
This year’s party, hosted on the Gem Hotel Chelsea rooftop, simultaneously captured the last essence of summer and highlighted the beauty of gradually emerging autumn. Orange and yellow mums adorned the serving tables, strands of white lights emanated a soft glow, whimsical paper leaves and lanterns hung from red tabletop umbrellas. An elegant assortment of food and chilled drinks awaited guests as they arrived. The coordinator, Valerie Cruz, and the Gem Hotel staff warmly greeted all attendees.
Business owners and employees from the Flatiron District joined together for this event, including staff from the NYC Seminar and Conference Center, Yodle, Chelsea Piers, the Center for Jewish History, and many others. Guests enjoyed a full bar and variety of delicious hors d’oeuvres including bacon-wrapped dates, mini mushroom quiche, and salmon skewers, as well as an assortment of fresh fruits and cheeses. As the evening progressed, attendees mingled and participated in some healthy competition by joining in games of bean bag toss, which the party provided.
The weather was perfect, comfortably warm with clear skies and a breathtaking view of the Chelsea skyline. The NYCSCC’s Flatiron Hot! News Blog editorial staff were in attendance at the party. All agreed that the Gem Hotel Chelsea is an ideal venue for any corporate groups looking to party the night away! To get a sense of the fun and excellent venue that was the story of this year’s party, click on this Flatiron Hot! News quick video clip!
- THE LASH LOFT - Experienced Eyelash Extension Technicians Wanted (Flatiron) May 29, 2017The Lash Loft is Hiring! The Lash Loft is NYC's Top Lash & Wax Salon. We specialize in Eyelash Extensions, Eyebrow Shaping & Full Body Wax. We are looking for Experienced Eyelash Extension Technicians to join us at our flagship salon in a p […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) May 29, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- NYC Restaurant & Bar Hiring Managers (Flatiron) May 29, 2017Shorty's is a restaurant and bar with multiple locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn. We are looking for managers to join our team. Ideal candidates are energetic and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for hospitality who enjoy working in a fast […]
- Marketing Assistant (Flatiron) May 29, 2017International destination marketing firm seeks enthusiastic college graduate with 2 to 4 years of work experience. You have: . a good knowledge of the travel industry: leisure and business segments . some experience in destination/hotel marketing […]
- Restaurant Supply Delivery Driver - Benefits (Flatiron) May 28, 2017Looking for a driver to make delivery's to our restaurants 6 day's a week from 8:00 am - 3:00pm. Must be able to pick up van at our parking lot then drive to different locations to pick up and deliver supplies. Requirement's - Valid NY State Driver […]
- La Pecora Bianca seeking Sous Chefs and Executive Sous Chef - Highly C (Flatiron) May 28, 2017La Pecora Bianca - located at 26th and Broadway - is a busy and highly acclaimed 85 seat restaurant (+34 outside) serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Since opening in Aug of 2015, it has quickly become a bustling restaurant and received nota […]
- Italienne Seeks Chef De Parties, Line cooks, and lunch cooks (Flatiron) May 27, 2017Exciting new restaurant on 24th street seeks capable, talented and hard working staff. Italienne serves Southern French/Northern Italian cuisine and wine with genuine hospitality. We are a true scratch kitchen; with in house charcuterie, pasta, and w […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) May 27, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]