A Little Piece of Singapore Appears – Right in Mad Square Park and Flatiron!
- Flatironhot Contributor
- On September 25, 2015
Reported by the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
Madison Square Park each year hosts a “mega-event’ that transforms a piece of our beloved green space into some otherworldly realm, whether via monumental and offbeat sculpture, music, or a themed show. This year’s extravaganza, at least culturally, is the exhibit “Singapore Inside Out“, a promotional tour-de-force that will offer the best culture, art, theater, dance, cuisine and music that the island nation of Singapore has to offer. Click here for an overview and schedule of events for the 5 days of activities!
The exhibit, a paid promotion by the government of Singapore to get the word out about their country, is one of a series of revenue-producing events allowed by the Madison Square Park Conservancy to help fund the maintenance of the Park. This promotion takes the form of a series of extensive pavilions and structural latticeworks, adorned with art, high-tech sculptures, performance stages, and lighted HD screens and objets de art that will run from Wednesday through Sunday (September 23-27) of this week. It’s guaranteed to be an eye-opener, if the early indications and profile of the emerging structures are any indication! By all means, stop by the south end of the Park, especially this weekend, as the pavilions and exhibits come into view, and see a little part of Flatiron transformed magically into a piece of Singapore in Manhattan. To whet your appetite and get a sense of what it’s all about at this early stage, check out this Flatiron Hot! Video Clip.
- Stock Manager at Whisk NYC (Flatiron) May 25, 2017ABOUT US: Whisk is an independently-owned kitchenware shop selling the best culinary tools a home or professional chef could ever want. From bakeware to barware, cookware to prepware, we have a wide assortment of tools that we adore and our customer […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) May 25, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Shay & Ivy is hiring! (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Looking for an experienced busser/runner as well as a Maitre'D at Shay & Ivy, a thriving new restaurant in the Flatiron District. Bussers/runners -Barbacking experience a plus -Must be fluent in English **Please come in person for Open Call THIS […]
- Interior Design Job Captain (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Job Captain in our New York City office. The Interior Design Job Captain assists the Project Manager or Architect in the management of multiple interior architecture projects. Candidate must have: […]
- Environmental Graphic Designer (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Environmental Graphic Designer in our New York City, NY office located in the Flat Iron district. Environmental Graphics Designers are responsible for designing and managing wayfinding, signage, informational display and en […]
- Interior Design Project Manager - Retail (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Project Manager, Retail in our New York City office! Project Managers manage the successful completion of multiple Interior Design projects while providing excellent client service and leadership and guidanc […]
- Cote a Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for AGM (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Cote, a fine dining restaurant in the Flatiron District is looking for an Assistant General Manager/ Events Coordinator to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impecca […]
- Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for General Manager (Flatiron) May 24, 2017New Fine Dining Restaurant in the Manhattan is looking for a General Manager to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impeccable Organizational Skills - Proficient in […]