A Day Trip from Flatiron and NYC – Fall Foliage in Northeast PA at Hemlock Farms and LVCC!
- Tod Shapiro
- On October 12, 2015
Reported by The Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
Those of us residing in New York City and Flatiron/Chelsea can be forgiven for wanting to take a brief respite from the busy city – and although we’ve got some great parks to enjoy the fall foliage (the unsurpassed manicured radiance of our own Madison Square Park, Bryant Park and of course, Central Park) – there’s nothing like seeing a completely natural tableau, or as close to one as possible! Hence, a quick day trip out into the countryside to take in the breathtaking foliage – hopefully not far from the city.
So a short drive to northeast Pennsylvania, through the Lincoln Tunnel, a 1 1/2-hour drive on Route 80 west towards the Delaware Water Gap, then north on Route 15 to catch Route 6 to I-84 West and the Lords Valley Exit, swiftly takes one to that remarkable sylvan redoubt of Hemlock Farms – a year round community that features homes, recreational facilities, as well as the beautiful Lords Valley Country Club complete with every recreational activity you can imagine – golf, tennis, fine dining – and most importantly, an incredibly beautiful natural backdrop of the pristine Pocono forests, complete with abundant wildlife – wild turkeys, bears, geese, bald eagles, and woodchucks. In short, it’s the perfect place to check out the fall foliage and escape the urban environment for a few peaceful hours! That’s just what this reporter did, sampling the autumn colors from the vantage point of Hemlock Farms’s peaceful back roads, as well as from the grounds of the LVCC and some welcoming year-round vacation homes.
So, since many of our Fellow Flatiron and Chelsea denizens may have been too busy to do their own trip to the country for some fall foliage perusing, we’ve put together a quick video clip of the best that Hemlock Farms and the Lords Valley Country Club can offer of the autumnal colors.
- Kat and Theo is seeking front of house staff (Flatiron) July 24, 2017We are seeking energetic driven candidates to join our family. Kat and Theo is a trendy high end new American restaurant and bar in the heart of the Flatiron district. Servers Experience in fine dinning, wine and classic steps of service, open to […]
- Upscale, Luxury Servers needed for Iconic & Innovative Property! (Flatiron) July 23, 2017About Our Company: A membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create a unique and coveted work environment! Please Respond with your res […]
- Selecting Ambitious FOH Crew for Exciting New Restaurant Concept (Flatiron) July 23, 2017Seeking experienced hospitality-minded individuals to join the opening Food and Beverage team at MADE, a hotel in the heart of Manhattan's NoMad District. Our goal is to build a team that is dedicated to cultivating a culture of teamwork, profession […]
- Pondicheri Restaurant Seeking Porter/Dishwasher! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Pondicheri seeking hard-working PM full time porter/dishwasher asap. We are an all day contemporary Indian restaurant open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Stop by any time from 11am-8pm any day for an interview/trail or please e-mail to set up time wi […]
- Optician (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Full and or part time optician/ frame stylist for busy optical store. Full and or part time optical lab technician. Minimum of 5 years experience for both positions.
- HOSTS - Cote Korean Steakhouse hiring Hosts (Flatiron) July 22, 2017COTE KOREAN STEAKHOUSE A new restaurant offering a high-energy, high-quality, and HIGH-EXCITEMENT Guest experience in the Flatiron. We are seeking exceptional service professionals to join the Team. An Ideal candidate for Host is a person with : 1 […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Work Exchange (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Are you looking for the flexibility to design the life that you want? We are now accepting applications for our 200Hr Teacher Training Program, at our studio located at 112 E 23rd Street Suite 200 between Park and Lexington Avenues. DATES: 4 week […]