Flatiron BID Sponsors Round-Table Discussion on Real Estate Trends: Coworking
- Tod Shapiro
- On November 4, 2015
Reported by the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
The Flatiron 23rd Street Partnership, continuing its useful and educational series of topical public events highlighting happenings in our district, hosted a round-table discussion on real estate trends in the Flatiron: “The Synergies of Real Estate and Coworking Culture” Flatiron BID’s Executive Director Jennifer Brown, ably assisted by Jane Kojima, led off by summarizing the latest compendium of Flatiron statistics, metrics and trends, explaining the concept of the BID and the related services it provides for the neighborhood.
For those who may be wondering, the very useful two-hour breakfast and networking discussion included leading luminaries from the real estate sector commenting on the latest news – particularly the mushrooming growth of the concept of “coworking” spaces, which is a magnet for creative firms such as tech, digital media, and advertising, that increasingly make Flatiron their home.The round- table discussion featured as moderator the well-known real estate blogger and columnist Holly Dutton of Real Estate Weekly, who put the tough questions to a panel that included, among others, Terri Keogh of Castro Properties, Grant Greenspan of the Kaufman Organization, and Andy Smith of the coworking space, The Yard. The term “coworking” refers to the very substantial industry trend whereby property owners and specialized firms (WeWork’s new Flatiron digs being the prime example) set up shared communal office space for startup companies where the interaction of the tenants on an informal basis in a cool, trendy, open-shared space with no walls and shared amenities speeds up the growth and creative juices of the emerging firms, many of whom move on later to their own space. As with past public events, the focus was on reviewing core demographic, business, and strategic information and metrics valuable to all groups in the district, including useful collated data on business and residential issues like average rents, new construction in residential and commercial buildings, new business openings, and industry sector data that shows just where the Flatiron District is going.
A friendly breakfast and excellent networking opportunities kicked off the early morning session at area eatery Almond located on 22nd Street just off 5th Avenue in our district, followed by the round-table and informative Q&A session. For those who couldn’t make it, here’s a quick Flatiron Hot! News Video Clip and pics to get an overview of what took place. Here’s an audio transcript of the useful Q&A session following the presentation, and here’s a link to the BID’s website where a comprehensive session PDF that summarizes the data and info of the session and a quick run down of today’s agenda has been posted. Thanks again to the BID for their tireless efforts to promote and improve our neighborhood – check their website for their very substantial calendar of public events.
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Work Exchange (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Are you looking for the flexibility to design the life that you want? We are now accepting applications for our 200Hr Teacher Training Program, at our studio located at 112 E 23rd Street Suite 200 between Park and Lexington Avenues. DATES: 4 week […]
- Seeking Housekeepers for NeueHouse Madison Square (Flatiron) July 21, 2017NeueHouse is hiring Housekeeping Attendants! About Our Company: NeueHouse is a private, membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create […]
- Beautiful fully equipped room for rent in Flatiron (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Hello all! I am looking for an esthetician/ massage therapist/ eyelash extension/ microblading/waxing technician to rent my newly renovated and fully decorated space in a Flatiron wellness center. The space is available for rent Sunday, Monday, Tues […]
- The NoMad - Receiver (Flatiron) July 21, 2017The NoMad , a casually elegant, Michelin-starred restaurant from Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara is looking for a Receiver to accept deliveries and maintain the kitchen's storage areas. The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence and a desir […]
- Modern British Restaurant THE CLOCKTOWER is Hiring FOOD RUNNERS! (Flatiron) July 21, 2017The Clocktower, from Stephen Starr and Chef Jason Atherton , is now hiring Food Runners / Kitchen Servers! We seek FOOD RUNNER candidates with: 1+ years of Kitchen Server / Food Runner experience in a reputable, well-regarded NYC restaurant; Abili […]
- HAIRSTYLIST/COLORIST (Flatiron) July 21, 2017We are looking for a stylist colorist who is very experienced and has an artistic flair. Minimum 7 years experience. Must be a meticulous colorist with knowledge of the latest trends. Must have had training in Precision Cutting. We are looking for […]
- Jean-Georges restaurant ABC Kitchen seeking Experienced Floor Manager (Flatiron) July 21, 2017