Jewish Themed Comedy and “Shmattes” (T-Shirts!) at the Center for Jewish History
- Tod Shapiro
- On March 4, 2016
Reported by the Flatiron Hot! News
The ever-fascinating Center for Jewish History recently unveiled two exhibits at the 16th Street facility that are well worth viewing if you have a few minutes of leisure time. The first, which can be seen in the Great Hall of the facility, features a series of Jewish-themed t-shirts (courtesy of the American Jewish Historical Society), or “Shmattes” that are sure to give you a smile, and get you thinking.
T-shirts include variants on Dr. Seuss and Jewish-themed plays-on-words. Some of it is cheeky and over-the-top humor, but well worth a quick perusal. On the third floor is a YIVO Institute exhibit entitled “Professional Jokers: Jewish Jesters from the Golden Age of Comedy,” which includes pop cultural artifacts featuring a long list of Jewish comedians, dating back to the Borscht Belt and the Golden Age of television – that would include Milton Berle, Jackie Mason, Jerry Lewis, Carol Burnett, Mel Brooks, and many others, represented by movie posters, LPs, board games, pictures, comic books, Playbills and just about everything else one can imagine, with some concise historical overview narrative placing it all in context. Check our our Flatiron Hot! News Quick Video for a taste, and get over to CJH on 16th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues for a personal look!
- Assistant General Manager job at HIGH-GROWTH STARTUP (Flatiron) May 24, 2017To View this Job and Apply: Click Here One Liner: Headquarters as a service. Description: Knotel is a venture-backed startup that is changing the market for commercial real estate. Led by a team of veteran founders, Knotel designs for the ways comp […]
- OPEN CALL FOH/ BOH (Flatiron) May 24, 2017OPEN CALL - TODAY at 3:00PM 30 W. 26th Street, between 6th Ave. & Broadway HIRING: COOKS HOSTS SERVERS DELIVERY OPERATORS Fine dining or NYC hospitality experience required Full Availability (Nights and Weekends) Great Benefits and Pay Opportu […]
- Marta Seeks Sous Chef (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Executive Chef Joe Tarasco is looking for a talented and motivated sous chef. Our restaurant is inspired by the tradition of rustic Italian wood-fire cooking. The kitchen is equipped with two wood-burning pizza ovens and a 9-foot long, custom-built o […]
- Limpadores por medio tiempo Inmediatamente(212)-921-2364 (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Se busca trabajadores de limpieza imediatamente Para horas de dia y de noche Llama show contact info Por favor venga a la oficina para llenar la aplicación Busy Bee Cleaning Service de Lunes- Jueves 9am-3pm 1133 Broadway Suite 412 NY, NY 10001
- health coach/client care coordinator - chiropractic/nutrition office (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Summary: Supports nutrition practice by maintaining seamless support of our nutritional clients as soon as the "report of findings" has been created by doctor all the way through to the completion of their prescribed protocol. Assists in all aspects […]
- Haymaker Seeks Prep Cooks and Line Cooks (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Immediate openings for line cooks at Haymaker Bar and Kitchen, specializing in small plates and craft beer.We are currently expanding our menu and undergoing some exciting changes as a restaurant. This is a great opportunity for a cook who likes the […]
- OPEN CALL FOH/ BOH (Flatiron) May 23, 2017OPEN CALL - TOMORROW 05/23/2017 at 3:00PM 30 W. 26th Street, between 6th Ave. & Broadway HIRING: COOKS HOSTS SERVERS DELIVERY OPERATORS Fine dining or NYC hospitality experience required Full Availability (Nights and Weekends) Great Benefits a […]
- Developer Marketing Manager (Flatiron) May 23, 2017Insight is looking for a dynamic and driven Developer Marketing Manager to grow our developer community and, as our first full-time marketing hire, lead our engineering marketing efforts company-wide. As the Developer Marketing Manager, you will be […]