Watch Out for the Dragon! Game of Thrones Touches Down in Union Square Park on Tuesday
- Tod Shapiro
- On March 15, 2016
Reported by the Flatiron Hot! News Editorial Staff
A lunchtime stroll through Union Square Park’s South Plaza revealed an unusual smell of fire and brimstone and unexpected signs of clamor and disruption – there before me was
evidence of a dragon touching down and belching flame right in our own Union Square Park! Yes, there were orange police barricades surrounding mayhem in the form of a huge dragon-size divot in the park, rent cobble stones, and overturned streetlamps and benches, amidst concrete shards and other debris. What could have produced such chaos –
maybe one of the three fire-breathing dragons that we all know and love from Game of Thrones? Of course, the familiar music and themed banners quickly gave it away – it’s a promotional event for Games of Thrones, the popular HBO series which is releasing its Season 5 Blu-Ray and DVD, and gearing up for the sixth season in April. A curious crowd of onlookers were taking pictures and quizzing HBO staff and handlers on hand with questions about the upcoming season and the special release today of the Season 5 disks.
The banners and signs gave clues of more Game of Thrones high jinks and fun to come, including a so-called “Then Dragons Take Flight” to take place at 7:30 PM in Herald Square. So fans should stop by the Union Square South Plaza for a look (and tweet or instagram your comments and pix with hashtag #GOT5DVD), or if you can’t make it, check out our Flatiron Hot! News quickie video clip to see for yourself what those imaginary dragons did to one of our favorite parks!
- Stock Manager at Whisk NYC (Flatiron) May 25, 2017ABOUT US: Whisk is an independently-owned kitchenware shop selling the best culinary tools a home or professional chef could ever want. From bakeware to barware, cookware to prepware, we have a wide assortment of tools that we adore and our customer […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) May 25, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Shay & Ivy is hiring! (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Looking for an experienced busser/runner as well as a Maitre'D at Shay & Ivy, a thriving new restaurant in the Flatiron District. Bussers/runners -Barbacking experience a plus -Must be fluent in English **Please come in person for Open Call THIS […]
- Interior Design Job Captain (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Job Captain in our New York City office. The Interior Design Job Captain assists the Project Manager or Architect in the management of multiple interior architecture projects. Candidate must have: […]
- Environmental Graphic Designer (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Environmental Graphic Designer in our New York City, NY office located in the Flat Iron district. Environmental Graphics Designers are responsible for designing and managing wayfinding, signage, informational display and en […]
- Interior Design Project Manager - Retail (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Ware Malcomb is hiring an Interior Design Project Manager, Retail in our New York City office! Project Managers manage the successful completion of multiple Interior Design projects while providing excellent client service and leadership and guidanc […]
- Cote a Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for AGM (Flatiron) May 24, 2017Cote, a fine dining restaurant in the Flatiron District is looking for an Assistant General Manager/ Events Coordinator to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impecca […]
- Fine Dining Restaurant is looking for General Manager (Flatiron) May 24, 2017New Fine Dining Restaurant in the Manhattan is looking for a General Manager to join the team. Requirements: - A minimum of 3+ years in fine dining - A minimum of 3 + years in a Management role - Impeccable Organizational Skills - Proficient in […]