Spring Tableaus: Habitat for Humanity Pedals in Flatiron Public Plazas; Mad Square Park Daffodils Rule!
- Tod Shapiro
- On April 21, 2016
A beautiful April day was a fitting backdrop for what is certain
to be the coming wave of over-the-top and eye-catching promotions and events that are sure to grace the Flatiron Public Plazas as spring
unfolds and summer beckons! Well-known non-profit Habitat for Humanity set up an intriguing Rube-Goldberg-esque contraption composed of multiple bicycles arranged in a circular fashion around a globe with a series of lighted cables; no doubt reflecting some kind of competition among those assembled to reach a worthy goal benefiting Habitat’s multitude of creative housing efforts the world over. A group of enthusiastic Habitat staffers were encouraging Flatiron denizens to pedal away for the cause- and they were enthusiastically doing so to the cheers and encouragement of the many bystanders in the Flatiron Public Plazas.
A quick stroll across 5th Avenue to the friendly confines of Madison Square Park revealed the
intrepid efforts of the Madison Square Park Conservancy coming to full flower and fruition! The Conservancy is emphasizing horticulture and flowers of every type so as to make Mad Square a leader in landscape architecture for public parks. We can see their blooming efforts right now, as
some of our favorite Madison Square landmarks are framed by resplendent floral arrangements of stunning color. The Shake Shake looks particularly picturesque serving as a backdrop for some budding daffodils, while the Flatiron Building was highlighted by brilliant orange and yellow flowers, and a
group of toddlers were taking in a newly planted row of yellow flowers from the vantage
point of their 5-occupant strollers. And hark, the Central Oval Lawn was showing signs of the upcoming installation of the next monumental public art sculpture to be unveiled in May, namely Martin Puryear’s opus “Big Bling“.
By all means, take a stroll to the Public Plazas and see what will come next; and wander across to the south end of the Plaza and see the colorful results of the flowers blooming. If you can’t make it, check out this Flatiron Hot! News Quickie Video Clip.
- Kat and Theo is seeking front of house staff (Flatiron) July 24, 2017We are seeking energetic driven candidates to join our family. Kat and Theo is a trendy high end new American restaurant and bar in the heart of the Flatiron district. Servers Experience in fine dinning, wine and classic steps of service, open to […]
- Upscale, Luxury Servers needed for Iconic & Innovative Property! (Flatiron) July 23, 2017About Our Company: A membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create a unique and coveted work environment! Please Respond with your res […]
- Selecting Ambitious FOH Crew for Exciting New Restaurant Concept (Flatiron) July 23, 2017Seeking experienced hospitality-minded individuals to join the opening Food and Beverage team at MADE, a hotel in the heart of Manhattan's NoMad District. Our goal is to build a team that is dedicated to cultivating a culture of teamwork, profession […]
- Pondicheri Restaurant Seeking Porter/Dishwasher! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Pondicheri seeking hard-working PM full time porter/dishwasher asap. We are an all day contemporary Indian restaurant open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Stop by any time from 11am-8pm any day for an interview/trail or please e-mail to set up time wi […]
- Optician (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Full and or part time optician/ frame stylist for busy optical store. Full and or part time optical lab technician. Minimum of 5 years experience for both positions.
- HOSTS - Cote Korean Steakhouse hiring Hosts (Flatiron) July 22, 2017COTE KOREAN STEAKHOUSE A new restaurant offering a high-energy, high-quality, and HIGH-EXCITEMENT Guest experience in the Flatiron. We are seeking exceptional service professionals to join the Team. An Ideal candidate for Host is a person with : 1 […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Work Exchange (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Are you looking for the flexibility to design the life that you want? We are now accepting applications for our 200Hr Teacher Training Program, at our studio located at 112 E 23rd Street Suite 200 between Park and Lexington Avenues. DATES: 4 week […]