Meditation for Stressed out Flatiron and Chelsea Residents: Michel Pascal Discusses “On Site” Approach
- Tod Shapiro
- On September 26, 2016
Reported by Tod Shapiro for the Flatiron Hot! News
All of us at the NYC Seminar and Conference Center and, of course, in Flatiron and Chelsea – the center of New York’s fast-paced working world for digital media, tech startups, advertising and PR agencies, among other things – know something about high-stress, dawn-to-dusk work days and the inevitable stress that goes along with it. Therefore, when it came to our attention that the well-known expert on meditation, Michel Pascal, wanted to speak about his innovative and unique approach to reducing stress by the well-established method of meditation, I leaped at the opportunity to inform local residents about how to improve their well being and state of mind.
Michel’s approach is remarkably simple and holistic: he encourages his patients and disciples to learn his techniques in short sessions, and often conducts his sessions “on site,” out in the very spaces in our Flatiron and Chelsea environs that trigger our stress. It’s not unusual for him to conduct sessions in parks, offices, or even in the subways – in short, any place that might be a trigger or causative factor in bringing on the stress that makes our lives more difficult. Michel, who has a background in jazz singing, uses music as an important component of his meditative approach. He is well known across the country and other parts of the world for his philosophy, has worked locally for major Flatiron and Chelsea companies, including Google, and has worked on a pro-bono basis in area schools and even prisons in an effort to spread the word on his methods. Click here for a quick overview of his background, upcoming events, and other useful information all about Michel and his efforts.
I met up with Michel at a very well-appointed health club called the Mercedes, located on 54th Street and 10th Avenue, where he often advises people on meditation, and he very graciously agreed to sit down with me and give me a concise summary of his work and methods for the benefit of Chelsea and Flatiron denizens, taking care to point out the singular aspects of his approach and philosophy. Michel has an aura about him that exudes positive energy and serenity as befits a meditation expert. Check out our Flatiron Hot! News quick video clip below to get a sense of just what his meditation philosophy is all about.
After seeing the video clip, if you are intrigued by Michel and his approach to stress management, then by all means check out his upcoming workshop at the nearby Dharma Yoga Center on 23rd Street on Saturday, October 29th at 2 pm. Michel will be co-hosting the meeting with his colleague, the noted neuroscientist, Mario Beauregard, PhD – click here for more details.
And, on November 14th at 8 PM and a perfect example of of his musical talents, Michel will sing in the prestigious CARNEGIE HALL in NYC with his exceptional voice a Capella, to inspire you, to travel thru a journey towards your soul – check out this link for a quick preview of what to expect! His “RELAX-SING” performance is created specifically to help you feel deeply relaxed, calm, less tired, without tensions and happier, and reboots your energy – a musical version of his stress reduction philosophy! Click here for info about the event – and click here for more info about Michel as well: michelpascal.tv Readers of Flatiron Hot! News can take advantage of a special discount code – please click here and follow the instructions!
- Pondicheri Restaurant Seeking Porter/Dishwasher! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Pondicheri seeking hard-working PM full time porter/dishwasher asap. We are an all day contemporary Indian restaurant open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Stop by any time from 11am-8pm any day for an interview/trail or please e-mail to set up time wi […]
- Optician (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Full and or part time optician/ frame stylist for busy optical store. Full and or part time optical lab technician. Minimum of 5 years experience for both positions.
- HOSTS - Cote Korean Steakhouse hiring Hosts (Flatiron) July 22, 2017COTE KOREAN STEAKHOUSE A new restaurant offering a high-energy, high-quality, and HIGH-EXCITEMENT Guest experience in the Flatiron. We are seeking exceptional service professionals to join the Team. An Ideal candidate for Host is a person with : 1 […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) July 22, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training - Work Exchange (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Are you looking for the flexibility to design the life that you want? We are now accepting applications for our 200Hr Teacher Training Program, at our studio located at 112 E 23rd Street Suite 200 between Park and Lexington Avenues. DATES: 4 week […]
- Seeking Housekeepers for NeueHouse Madison Square (Flatiron) July 21, 2017NeueHouse is hiring Housekeeping Attendants! About Our Company: NeueHouse is a private, membership-only, co-working space for entrepreneurial creatives. We combine the efficiency of an intelligently designed space with thoughtful service to create […]
- Beautiful fully equipped room for rent in Flatiron (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Hello all! I am looking for an esthetician/ massage therapist/ eyelash extension/ microblading/waxing technician to rent my newly renovated and fully decorated space in a Flatiron wellness center. The space is available for rent Sunday, Monday, Tues […]
- The NoMad - Receiver (Flatiron) July 21, 2017The NoMad , a casually elegant, Michelin-starred restaurant from Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara is looking for a Receiver to accept deliveries and maintain the kitchen's storage areas. The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence and a desir […]