Flatiron/Chelsea Yoga Studio Contributes to World Peace: Stand on Your Head!
- Tod Shapiro
- On March 4, 2017
Reported by Tod Shapiro for Flatiron Hot! News
As Flatiron and Chelsea denizens know, our neighborhood is home to all kinds of businesses and operations – tech, digital media, restaurants, you name it – and they all use the most cutting-edge approaches to promoting themselves. So, it was no surprise when it came to Flatiron Hot! News’s attention that our own Dharma Yoga Center on 61 West 23rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues is promoting a worldwide event to bring the benefits and techniques of yoga to everybody’s attention – namely by encouraging a series of special yoga sessions where yoga aficionados will stand on their heads, yoga-style, to promote world peace – a worthy goal, of course! For devotees, the personal and societal benefits of yoga, including the position of standing on one’s head, are obvious. Therefore, the Center’s well-known proprietor and yoga master, Sri Dharma Mittra, based in London, will be leading a global joint session directing the effort with his Flatiron-based site and other locations joining in the fun! As we are told:
Looking for a yogic way to spread the word that love is the answer? Get inverted! To raise awareness for world peace, world-famous yogi Sri Dharma Mittra and yoga teacher Mark Kan will attempt to gather the most people ever in Headstand at Lord’s Cricket Ground in Marylebone, London, on Sunday March 5th, from 2–4 p.m. local time.
“If you practice any aspect of yoga for selfish reasons, it’s not really yoga at all, according to The Bhagavad-Gita,” Mittra tells Yoga Journal. “Anytime we are able to make our practice an offering, our practice becomes really powerful. Experiencing this leads to lots of enthusiasm to pursue and keep at it. The secret of success in yoga practice is constant practice. Success in practice will lead to inner peace, which will have a great effect on everything, eventually leading to peace for all, everywhere.”
So, those who interested in the UK can sign up for the entire Dharma Mittra weekend package or for the specific event, CHARGING PRACTICE with Enhanced Pranayama, on Sunday, March 5th, from 2–4 p.m (£55, about $68). Can’t make it to London? You can help Dharma Mittra raise awareness for world peace by either attending a simultaneous session at the Flatiron location or posting your headstand via social media @dharmayoganyc and @indabayoga using the hashtag #turnlondonupsidedown.
Good luck to the Yogi and his followers – we need world peace now more than ever!
- Part-time or full-time Assistant Bookkeeper (Flatiron) April 28, 2017High-end architecture/design firm and furniture retail operation seeks assistant bookkeeper for either part-time or full-time position. Requirements: Thorough knowledge of QuickBooks Strong organizational skills Excellent verbal and written commu […]
- We need BARISTAS! (Flatiron) April 28, 2017We are looking for people with big personalities and lots of talent to run the front cafe in our newest location. We need cashiers who can also barista. You must have at least one year barista experience. We are a big company so there is room to grow […]
- THE LASH LOFT - Experienced Eyelash Extension Technicians Wanted (Flatiron) April 28, 2017The Lash Loft is Hiring! The Lash Loft is NYC's Top Lash & Wax Salon. We specialize in Eyelash Extensions, Eyebrow Shaping & Full Body Wax. We are looking for Experienced Eyelash Extension Technicians to join us at our flagship salon in a p […]
- Park Avenue Restaurant- seeking Servers! (Flatiron) April 28, 2017Park Avenue Autumn/Winter/Spring/Summer is seeking experienced servers to join our team! -Must have a minimum of 3 years prior serving experience. -Must have fine dining experience -Full time position; must have open schedule availability. EMAIL […]
- Experienced/Professional hostess needed at Zero Otto Nove Part Time (Flatiron) April 28, 2017Looking for somebody with experience working as a hostess in a busy environment. We frequently book a number of large tables per night (10-15 people at a table) plus smaller groups and walk ins. Need somebody who can map out the dining room & org […]
- Metropolitan Property Group is looking for agents! Make 150k per year! (Flatiron) April 28, 2017Metropolitan Property Group is a team of over 180 agents working with clients to rent, sell and buy the city's best apartments, co-ops and condos. We are one of the most aggressive brokerage houses in the city and are breaking company records. Curre […]
- Services Coordinator (Flatiron) April 28, 2017Responsibilities: -Assist with the sourcing of material (material substitutes) both domestically and internationally. -Coordinate and track all sample requests entering/exiting facility, utilizing in-house (Quarry) Program. This includes the coordi […]
- PERSONAL ASSISTANT, LUXURY TRAVEL COMPANY (Flatiron) April 28, 2017Micato Safaris, an award winning luxury tour company, located in Manhattan's trendy Flatiron district, seeks an energetic, experienced PERSONAL ASSISTANT with 5+ years' experience - ideally in the LUXURY or NON PROFIT sector. You will be working in […]