Zucker’s Bagels: A Traditional NYC Staple
- Flatironhot Contributor
- On June 28, 2017
Reported by Heather Nichols and Sophie Rosen for the Flatiron Hot! News
I, along with my fabulous photographer co-intern, Sophie Rosen who assisted on this article, took a trip to the Upper West Side to visit the newest of three Zucker’s Bagels establishments. Zucker’s is one of several excellent local eateries and highly rated dining establishments that are among the featured catering options offered at NYC Seminar and Conference Center, Flatiron Hot News Sponsor. Founded by Matt Pomerantz and co-owned by Dan Pace, Zucker’s Bagels was founded as a classically traditional bagel shop in the trendiest neighborhoods of New York City. They have storefronts in the Upper West Side, TriBeCa and Midtown neighborhoods with plans for future expansion. We tried the two best sellers, the ‘Zucker’s Traditional’ and the ‘Avocado Toast’. They were both phenomenal, and as it was my first time trying lox I was highly impressed and would 100% order it again. The food is all wonderfully prepared using only the freshest natural ingredients including unbromated and unbleached flours, no preservatives or artificial coloring, and the best smoked and cured fish from local vendor Acme Smoked Fish.
Zucker’s Bagels works to help improve the community by focusing on local businesses and donating to local charities. Obviously, they cannot sell day-old bagels so they donate any extras to local charities in their respective neighborhoods. This includes, but is not limited to: churches, City Harvest, homeless foundations, and schools. It is important to the business to work locally and to have strong community ties in order to expand their brand in a way that positively impacts the community around them. As an overarching goal, they are very conscious of how the community responds to them. They are sure to handle any issues that come to their attention with the attitude that there is nothing too small for them to address.
The menu is expansive while staying true to the store’s roots as a classic Jewish bagel shop. They sell individual bagels, baker’s dozens, egg sandwiches, classic and signature sandwiches, salad and soup, smoked fish, and they cater to any request. As a premier, high-end bagel shop, they do not slack on the quality for larger orders. The Director of Catering Sales, Jennifer Ojeda, is wonderful with client relations and works with the client in order to create a menu that works for any event. She works with the NYC Seminar and Conference Center to cater to their clients needs. They work with groups of 10 to 600 people for meetings, personal and corporate events, along with any other gathering that could benefit from a bagel spread (which everything does!).
- Beautiful fully equipped room for rent in Flatiron (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Hello all! I am looking for an esthetician/ massage therapist/ eyelash extension/ microblading/waxing technician to rent my newly renovated and fully decorated space in a Flatiron wellness center. The space is available for rent Sunday, Monday, Tues […]
- The NoMad - Receiver (Flatiron) July 21, 2017The NoMad , a casually elegant, Michelin-starred restaurant from Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara is looking for a Receiver to accept deliveries and maintain the kitchen's storage areas. The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence and a desir […]
- Modern British Restaurant THE CLOCKTOWER is Hiring FOOD RUNNERS! (Flatiron) July 21, 2017The Clocktower, from Stephen Starr and Chef Jason Atherton , is now hiring Food Runners / Kitchen Servers! We seek FOOD RUNNER candidates with: 1+ years of Kitchen Server / Food Runner experience in a reputable, well-regarded NYC restaurant; Abili […]
- HAIRSTYLIST/COLORIST (Flatiron) July 21, 2017We are looking for a stylist colorist who is very experienced and has an artistic flair. Minimum 7 years experience. Must be a meticulous colorist with knowledge of the latest trends. Must have had training in Precision Cutting. We are looking for […]
- Jean-Georges restaurant ABC Kitchen seeking Experienced Floor Manager (Flatiron) July 21, 2017
- Truck Driver--CDL A or CDL B Licensed Drivers (Flatiron) July 21, 2017Liberty Moving and Storage is a family owned and operated relocation company that has experienced continual growth since our founding in 1939. We are the largest agent for United Van-Lines in the tri-state area. Our standards are high, which makes us […]
- Host/Hostess For NY SUGARFISH by Sushi Nozawa and Cashier for KAZUNORI (Flatiron) July 20, 2017SUGARFISH by Sushi Nozawa and KAZUNORI The Original Handroll Bar are looking for friendly, energetic people for Front of House positions in our first location in NYC. You must have a positive attitude and work well in fast paced environments. We look […]
- CALLING ALL BACK-WAITERS!!!!! JOIN OUR COMMUNITY (Flatiron) July 20, 2017BACK WAITER - THE ASSEMBLAGE NOMAD Company Name: The Assemblage Location: 114 West 25th St Department: Food and Beverage Employment Type: Full- Time Job Title: Back Waiter Reporting structure: F&B Management WHO WE ARE The Assemblage is a col […]